Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine's Day Gifts

A few weeks ago one of the moms groups I belong to had a spa party.  One of the activities was a 'make your own bath salt' table.  It was so pretty I decided to put my own twist on it and make Valentine's Day gifts for the babe's teachers. Can you believe Valentine's Day is just over two weeks away!? 


I picked up some supplies: Epsom Salt, Sea Salt, Small Glass Jars, Dried Lavender, Dried Rose Buds, Red Ribbon, A paper bag, Essential Oil, Red Glitter Paint


I cut the side of the paper bag to make gift tags and added a giant glitter heart:


I mixed 2 parts Epson Salt to 1 part Sea Salt:

I mixed in the dried lavender:

I created a 'junk mail funnel' to fill the jars:

I then added the dried rose buds on the very top:

TADAA!! Teacher gifts ready to be delivered:


Budget breakdown:
  • Epsom Salt - $16 at Target 
  • Sea Salt - already had
  • Small Glass Jars - $1 each at Michael's (x10)
  • Dried Lavender - $1.99 at a local market
  • Dried Rose Buds - $1.99 at a local market
  • Red Ribbon - had on hand
  • A paper bag - had from groceries
  • Essential Oil - had on hand
  • Red Glitter Paint - had on hand
Totaling $30 for 10 gifts or $3 each, but I have about 90% of the Epsom Salt/Lavender mix left.  You better believe I'm going to be taking LOOOONNNG baths.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment