Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sweet Potatoooo

...said just like Oprah does, here. 

I wanted to be sure the babe would eat veggies before we began with fruits.  Sweet potato is a nice bridge between the two. It's nice to make a big batch and server yourself some with dinner!!

Peeled and chopped:

Into the steam bath:

Leveled into the ice tray:

Ready for storage!!

For more information about how I create my own baby food, see my original post here.

To feed the adults, I set the oven to 350° and julienne the sweet potato.  
Two flavor options:
1) Sweet: toss in a few tablespoons each of butter, honey, and brown sugar
2) Savory: toss in a few tablespoons of olive oil, pinch of salt, and italian seasoning

Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes.  YUMMY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment