Monday, January 7, 2013

Boppy Cover

We were given a Boppy nursing pillow at our shower, and I wanted to cover it with fabric that matched our nursery.  I found some beautiful upholstery bamboo fabric in a black/white/gray houndstooth fabric.  If you haven't felt bamboo fabric - you should... it's amazing!! 

I looked online for an easy template for a Boppy cover, but was unable to find one - so I decided to wing it.  Turns out, it wasn't too hard!

Here are some shots of how it all came together:

I put a 4 inch fold in the center of the back fabric (2 inches when overlapped).  Then, I traced the pillow on the 'wrong' side of the fabric - then I dashed a line about 2 inches outside where I would sew.


I unfolded the overlap piece and cut about an inch outside of my dashed sew line:


I ran a straight stitch along the center edge I cut (where it had been folded), then I folded it over about an inch and sewed a hem.  I did this on either side of the cut piece:

I traced the pillow on the front fabric (no fold over on this one - it stays a single piece). I put the two together (overlapping in the back) and sewed on my black sew line.



The back has a nice overlap (from the fold) that helps get the Boppy in and out of the cover:

Tadaa!!!

We now have a beautiful Boppy cover that matches our future nursery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment