Thursday, February 4, 2016

Super Easy Valentine's Day Cards

I'm a sucker for Valentine's Day… it's so cute and fun for the kids! Last year I had some serious mommy guilt because it slipped my mind and I forgot cards for their class party. They were too young to notice but mommy guilt usually comes from ourselves anyway.

This year I wanted something simple; so when this idea popped up on my Facebook feed I knew it was a winner! I didn't save the link, so I can't give proper credit.



I took a picture of each kiddo with a fist in the foreground, printed them at Walgreens for 40% off, took an Exacto knife and made a slit above and below the fist, and inserted a DumDum (the kids' favorite treat and free of all allergens for other kids in the class).



I'm super thrilled with how they turned out, and for the 60 cards and candy I spent less than $10. With hindsight, I would have dug out my serious camera (these came from my phone) and taken better pictures. These capture real life, and they're likely headed straight for the trash once the Dum is consumed, so I'm not too bothered by the pictures.


Have an awesome day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment