Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Paper Purge

I'm a paper hoarder… I keep receipts and all sorts or paperwork. Our file cabinet has been full for a long time and has slowly been expanding into stacks in the corner of our office. I had hoped that a fast pass through would clear up some space. I was blown away by how much useless stuff I had kept!

Anyone think I need a 2008 copy of my receipt and BlackBerry UPC label? 



How about an empty check register log with 2007-2009 calendars? I also had two full boxes of checks that still had my maiden name and an address at least twelve years old. I wonder how many times I've paid people to move those! See the giant pile I amassed?!


 
Most of the files contained sensitive information, so I had to do some shredding. I emptied the shredder basket 4 times, and had to take a 15 minute pause about half way through when the motor overheated. I filled a full grocery bag with generic recyclable trash and had a pile of emptied folders. 


 
Since I've already given up buying 'things' this year, for the next 40 days I'm adding something healthy instead. I'm going to run/walk/bike 3 miles every week day. The weekends will be reserved for disconnected family time! Curious about the scoop behind my year of not buying? Check out the original post here.



No comments:

Post a Comment