Thursday, February 18, 2016

Simple Sock Sort

Since it's been fairly easy to not buy things, I figured it was time to turn to some de-cluttering. Every time I get socks, I have to dig through pairs I haven't worn in years. After laundry day, the drawer needs to be stuffed down to close.


I figured socks would be a good project, because there is no emotion in footwear. I first sorted them into types of socks: short, tall, boot, compression, house slippers, etc.


Then I went through each pile and kept my favorites; the rest were left to form a give away pile. I got rid of 15 pairs of socks and about 20 pairs of underwear (some went to the trash because they had lived a good life, but others were in great shape - just styles I no longer wear). 


It's a bit hard to tell, but the two sock drawers are only 2/3 full, so they're less of a hassle to deal with (and all the laundry is done). There are still some socks in the mix that I haven't worn in years, but I get nervous making serious purges. And I may need St. Patrick's Day boot socks one day, right?! March is just around the corner.

Can you think of anything in your day that you just deal with instead of fixing?

No comments:

Post a Comment