Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ode to Stuff Not Purchased

On the way to electronics for watch battery selection,
I passed through the leisure and children’s sections.

Toddler shirts were adorned with shamrocks and gold,
And I caressed the softest pajama set I ever did hold.
(Seriously… I hugged it for a good minute)

Everything was so cute I couldn’t turn my eye,
Without landing on something I wanted to buy.

I whipped out my phone, and texted my mom,
Who said to move quickly, get out, and be strong!

I survived the trip, but was a little bit sad,
Would just a few items have been so bad?

Later that night, when putting the laundry away,
My feelings turned to pride for the events of the day.

I found myself smiling and became quite pleased,
All the clothes fit nicely in the drawers with great ease!

The anxiety of excess is becoming a memory,
Just like those unpurchased items from Target will be.

Buying the stuff is no longer worth it,
It’s better to not have a house full of … stuff.





No comments:

Post a Comment