Thursday, January 14, 2016

First Purchase

Ok, so I had to make my first purchase. It fell in the area of 'not having a replacement' but I am still bummed it happened so early!

Let me explain. Many of you know that I work from home full time. I LIVE on my computer talking to customers to train them. I use an internet phone that's directly on my computer with a headset. 

When I first got my existing headset, it was loose in my USB port, but it kind of worked well enough. I made due for a few months, but I think the weight of the plug made the connection even more loose over time. Customers have complained in my last dozen or so meetings about having a hard time hearing me; I would also lose bits and pieces of what they were saying. So, I Amazoned (verb?) a new headset.

My rules only allow buying something new if we do not have something that can replace it (or function similarly). I attempted to use my iPhone headset, but was told there was an odd echo. I tried not using a headset at all, but they said they could hear my typing and could hear themselves talking back. The only other option I have is to use my personal cell phone, but the minutes I would spend on the phone would go well over our phone plan (and if I let work pay for my cell phone bill, they get to call me on it — not happening). So, a new headset it is… the old one is destined for the donate pile as soon as the new one comes in.

Also, in full disclosure, I've had 2 packages arrive since the beginning of the year. One was a pair of boots I bought back on Dec 12th that were back ordered, and another was a blanket I ordered on the 30th. I've also had packages arrive with food (the kids' favorite cereal bar isn't carried locally anymore). So I still get the tangible experience of receiving and opening packages. 

I'm still in the game though!




No comments:

Post a Comment